Tuesday, September 11, 2012

What this blog is not.

Perfectionism.

It's a problem. There is a problem with this competition we find ourselves in with one another. The show boating, the posturing, the pretending. All of it masking the nights spent lying awake feeling that you aren't enough, you're not doing enough, trying enough.



If there is one thing I want you to take away from this blog it's this:

YOU ARE ENOUGH.

This blog is not meant to make you feel less than perfect. If it does, please stop reading. Seriously. I do not want to be another voice condemning anyone for not measuring up. I refuse to participate in adding heavier burdens to your shoulders than you are already carrying.

As I begin to fill this blog with content I will constantly check my heart-motives. I will be vulnerable, I will be real. Creating the life you've dreamed of is so satisfying. Feeling inadequate because that life is imperfect is not. 

This blog is about sharing my heart for beauty, the artist's heart God put in me. This blog is about inspiring YOU to express your own heart.

It is not about looking like superwoman. It is not about making anyone feel like less.

So please, as you are reading keep the following in mind:


Yes of course what I'll be presenting here is the polished finished product. But don't forget that there is always a chaotic, imperfect, less than stellar behind the scenes.

Create Eden today. 


1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful message! It is so important to remind ourselves that perfection is not the objective in life but to find joy in the little things, that's true happiness. I love this new project of yours!

    ReplyDelete